In this interview with Press TV, I explain why Trump moving the US embassy to Jerusalem actually presents an opportunity to move forward toward a just peace, why US policy is so overtly prejudicial toward Palestinians rights, and what the major obstacles are that remain to be overcome.
Get a Free e-Book on Palestine
Subscribe to my newsletter and get my e-book The Israel-Palestine Conflict: A Collection of Essays.
Last week, I posted about an interview I gave to Press TV, and how the video they produced from my interview so grossly distorted my message that it communicated the literal opposite of what I’d actually said.
I confronted Press TV about it, and they decided to delete that video and release a new one of my full interview. Watch it above! I talk about:
- How Trump moving the US embassy to Jerusalem, despite being illegal and greatly prejudicing the rights of the Palestinians, actually opens up an opportunity to end the occupation regime.
- How the over-exaggeration of the external influence of “the Israel lobby” serves to obfuscate the even more pervasive influence of Christian Zionism that is so deeply ingrained within American society.
- How the Arab states not only don’t stand up for Palestinians’ rights, but betray them.
- How governments aren’t going to get the job done, and it is up to us to effect the paradigm shift necessary for a just peace to be realized.
- How one main obstacle standing in the way of Palestinians realizing their aspirations is their own leadership, given the PA’s role under the Oslo Accords as Israel’s collaborator in enforcing its occupation regime, as well as the lack of unity between Hamas and Fatah, which is a consequence of Israel and the US employing a “divide and conquer” strategy effectively.
The government perpetually lies to the public about important issues. The mainstream media dutifully serve to manufacture consent for criminal policies.
I free people’s minds by exposing state propaganda intended to keep them in servitude to the politically and financially powerful. My writings empower readers with the knowledge to see through the deceptions and fight for a better future, for ourselves, our children, and future generations of humanity.
I’m an independent political analyst, journalist, publisher and editor of Foreign Policy Journal, and author of several books. I’m also a coach who helps writers communicate their ideas more effectively to make a greater positive impact.
Learn more about my 10-Step Formula for Effective Journalism writing coaching program.
Did you find this article valuable?
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my newsletter and download my e-book The Israel-Palestine Conflict: A Collection of Essays.