Hey! I’m Jeremy R. Hammond, the author of the book Exposing a Zionist Hoax. I’d like to tell you the story of how this book came to be and why I think you’ll benefit from reading it.
As a firm believer in the libertarian principle of non-aggression and author of the book Obstacle to Peace: The US Role in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, my interest was piqued when I received an advance review copy of Elan Journo’s book What Justice Demands: America and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.
In this book, Journo purports to offer a fresh, pro-liberty, pro-rights, and pro-justice approach to the subject. That sounded good to me. Yet as is made clear right from the start, his approach is also unabashedly supportive of Israel’s policies toward the Palestinian inhabitants of the region. I naturally wondered how Journo would try to reconcile these two irreconcilable views, given the oppressive nature of those policies.
My assumption is that he would try to do so by simply denying the oppression, which proved to be the case.
Journo’s central thesis is that the if the Palestinians were allowed to exercise their right to self-determination, they would establish either a dictatorship or an ISIS-like Islamic theocracy, and therefore they must not be allowed to exercise that right; rather, the US should provide Israel with the political backing it needs to violently suppress any semblance of resistance to Israel’s benevolent occupation regime!
So much for being pro-liberty!
But it wasn’t just that his thesis is irreconcilable with a pro-liberty approach. While claiming to offer a fresh, unique analysis of the situation, Journo’s book simply regurgitates all the same tired Zionist propaganda that has always been used to try to justify Israel’s crimes against the Palestinians.
It was page after page of demonstrable lies and deceptions.
It was, to be blunt, nothing less than a hoax.
The fact he was trying to do so under the guise of being pro-liberty just rubbed me the wrong way, and so I was compelled to write a response. While reading, I had highlighted and made notes in my copy, and upon completion immediately sat down to write up a rejoinder, to expose his hoax claims.
But no simple few-hundred word review would suffice. To fully expose this hoax would require a book-length treatise. So I wrote one.
Because I had already done all of the necessary research to be able to demonstrate how Journo’s book aims to deceive readers, I was able to write and publish my response in just a couple of weeks, and published my e-book Exposing a Zionist Hoax the same day What Justice Demands was published (June 12, 2018)!
Exposing a Zionist Hoax is not really about Elan Journo or his book. It’s about the fictions the general public are indoctrinated into believing, which serves to perpetuate the tragic violence. The relevance of his book is just the fact that someone could write and publish such a hoax with the believe that they can get away with it!
This says a lot about the society we’re living in today, and that’s just not acceptable to me. It is not okay that people lie and deceive in order to manufacture public consent for crimes against humanity. I strongly believe we can change that situation, and in doing so open the path to a truly just solution.
My goal with Exposing a Zionist Hoax is twofold: (1) to educate my readers by systematically debunk popular Zionist myths that are standard in the mainstream discourse, and (2) to take a stand against this hatred and deliver the message to Zionist propagandists like Journo that they can’t continue to get away with lying and deceiving people in order to defend Israel’s crimes against the Palestinians.
The people of Palestine and those who defend their human rights have no greater weapon today than the truth. And I strongly believe that the truth will prevail.
To give you a quick idea, here are a few examples of the lying Zionist propaganda that Journo tries to pawn off to his readers as historical truths in What Justice Demands:
- No Arabs were wrongly dispossessed of their land during the Mandate era because Jews legally bought the land from Arabs.
- The cause of outbreaks of Arab violence against Jews during the Mandate was the Arabs’ inherent hatred of Jews and rejection of the Jews’ right to self-determination.
- UN General Assembly Resolution 181, the famous “partition plan” resolution, was a reasonable “compromise” that was rejected by the Arabs simply because they couldn’t stand to see Jews exercising their right to self-determination.
- Resolution 181 conferred legal authority to the Zionist leadership for their unilateral declaration of the existence of the state of Israel on May 14, 1948.
- In response to that “Declaration of Independence”, the neighboring Arab states launched a war of aggression by invading Israel in order to wipe the nascent state off the map.
- There was no ethnic cleansing of Arabs from their homes in Palestine, and the Palestinian refugee problem is simply a tragic consequence of an Arab war of aggression against Israel.
- Palestinians refugees alive today have no right to return to their homeland.
- On June 5, 1967, Israel acted in self-defense by launching a “preemptive” strike against Egypt in the face of an imminent Egyptian invasion of Israel.
- The Palestinians living within the Gaza Strip and West Bank have benefited greatly from Israel’s occupation those territories.
- The legal status of the Gaza Strip and West Bank, including East Jerusalem, is “contested”, as is the legal status of Israel’s Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
- There are no laws or policies of the Israeli government against Arabs living as citizens within Israel that warrant condemnation.
- The term “Palestinians” did not come into popular use until the 1960s; i.e., Arabs were not known as “Palestinians” prior to Israel’s establishment.
- No Palestinian national movement existed until the 1960s; i.e., there was no Palestinian national movement prior to Israel’s establishment.
- The existing Palestinian national movement has no legitimate cause; i.e., the Palestinians are not struggling for freedom and Israel has not thwarted their national aspirations.
- The Palestine Liberation Organization’s (PLO’s) presence in Jordan and Lebanon, the Palestinian Authority (PA) established under the Oslo Accords, and Hamas’s rule of Gaza represent consequences of Palestinians exercising their right to self-determination.
- Hamas came to power in Gaza by committing a coup against the government of PA President Mahmoud Abbas in order to launch a war of jihad against Israel.
- Israel acted in self-defense by launching Operations Cast Lead (2008-2009), Pillar of Defense (2012), and Protective Edge (2014) to stop incessant rocket fire from Hamas.
- During these operations, Israel committed no war crimes against the Palestinians, but did everything possible to avoid harm to civilian persons and infrastructure.
- The US government “assumed the role of a peace maker” under the “peace process” and has supported the two-state solution for over two decades.
- The “peace process” has been counterproductive toward the aim of realizing a just peace because the US has not been supportive enough of Israel’s policies toward the Palestinians.
Don’t be bamboozled by the lies that we are perpetually inundated with by government policymakers and the thought-controlling media and intelligentsia.
These lies are perpetuated in order to manufacture public consent for the continuation of the US’s longstanding policy of supporting Israel’s crimes against the Palestinians and blocking implementation of the two-state solution.
Therefore, one of the solutions to this problem is to properly inform the public about the true nature of the conflict and debunk the pervasive falsehoods that have served to perpetuate it for so long.
It is to that end that I wrote Exposing a Zionist Hoax. I invite you to empower yourself with the knowledge to become an effective voice for a truly just peace by buying my book and start reading it today. I hope you find it insightful and informative!